Christmas is upon us!
Although things might be a little different this year, I’m sure we can all spread a little Christmas Cheer!!
Winnie Tree have managed to get Santa back looking over our door-way, spreading a little cheer across our local community and we have many plans to bring some Christmas joy across our local community of Revoe. More posts on this to follow!
We do remain open throughout all Tiers and Lockdowns and as a reminder here are a couple of tips;
Winter is Coming…
This is just a gentle reminder to make you aware of the risks of bust water and heating pipes in cold weather.
Winters can be very cold and temperatures can drop well below freezing.
A burst pipe can wreak havoc in your home and to its contents. The result is water cascading though a building bringing down ceilings and causing thousands of pounds’ worth of damage to the contents
Every winter hundreds tenants learn this lesson the hard way, but all this can be avoided by taking a few simple precautions:
- Always maintain at least a low level of heat in the property throughout the day and night. This is especially important if the property is to be left empty for several days, perhaps over a Christmas holiday period.
- Make sure that you are aware of the location of stop taps and that they are easy to shut-off in case of an emergency.
- Make sure your boiler frost thermostat is working which means the heating will come on automatically in the night when the temperature approaches freezing.
- Check waste pipes and heating boiler overflow pipes for icing up – this will stop your boiler working just when you need it most.
- Report any minor leaks or dripping taps.
Dealing with an Emergency
If the worst happens and you have a burst:
- turn off the stop tap and open all sink taps to drain off as much water as possible.
- If the heating system is affected, find the system drain and /or bleed values and drain down,
releasing the system pressure as quickly as possible.
- Locate any leaks and catch leaking water in containers whilst temporarily lagging the leaking
Please be aware that our insurance policy and your tenancy agreement states that the insurers should be informed if the property is to be left empty for more than 14 days.
In an emergency or if you have any questions please give us a call on the number below.
01253 304309 or our Emergency Contact Number.
Christmas Opening Times …
Wednesday 23rd December 2020 | 09:00 – 15:00
Thursday 24th December 2020 | CLOSED
Friday 25th December 2020 | CLOSED
Saturday 26th December 2020 | CLOSED
Sunday 27th December 2020 | CLOSED
Monday 28th December 2020 | CLOSED
Tuesday 29th December 2020 | 10:00 – 15:00
Wednesday 30th December 2020 | 10:00 – 15:00
Thursday 31st December 2020 | CLOSED
Friday 1st January 2021 | CLOSED
Saturday 2nd January 2021 | CLOSED
Sunday 3rd January 2021 | CLOSED
Monday 4th January 2021 | We re-open as normal.
ELECTRIC – If you get electric from Winnie Tree, we will not be able to attend our offices when we are closed, please ensure you get enough electric to cover the periods we are closed.
EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE – Maintenance will not be carried out over the festive period, we do have contractors on hand that will isolate any issues required.