Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information you provide on our website electronically. You have the right to access, request and change the data we hold and the way it’s used. Use the links below to find out more.
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Winnie Tree Properties via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Winnie Tree Properties, or us||Winnie Tree Properties of 128 Grasmere Rd, Blackpool, UK, FY1 5NG;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronxic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Winnie Tree Properties and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Winnie Tree Properties and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.winnietree.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Winnie Tree Properties is the “data controller”. This means that Winnie Tree Properties determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Winnie Tree Properties will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Winnie Tree Properties to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|Session Cookies||We use this session cookie to remember you and maintain your session whilst you are using our website|
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|Analytical & performance cookies||We use this cookie to help us analyse how users use the website|
We use the following functionality cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|Functional cookies||We use this cookie to identify your computer and analyse traffic patterns on our website|
Terms & Conditions
Please read and accept our terms, by continuing to visit our site you herby content to the below T&C’s
Registering on our Websites
If and when the option to register and/ or create an account on our website is available, you must be 18 years old or over to create an account on our Website and to contact us through our Website, and warrant that the details you provide on registration are true, accurate, complete and current. You must promptly update us with any changes to your account details. You must create a password when you register and you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that password. You agree that any person to whom your username or password is disclosed is authorised to act as your agent for the purpose of transacting for any services via this Website, and you will be responsible for any and all activity conducted using your password. You shall take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to your account via any computer or other device that you use to access your account. If you believe someone has, without authorisation, accessed an account that you created on this Website, please contact us immediately.
When you create an account you may be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive marketing emails from us, our group companies or third parties. You can manage your email subscription preferences via our Websites or unsubscribe from emails at any time. From time to time, we may need to send you service emails relating to your accounts, and we reserve the right to do so.
Please note that Winnie Tree Properties Limited are an independent estate agency and our website only contains properties and service information relating to what Winnie Tree Properties Limited directly manage. Our Website provide a service where we display information and you may view property details (“Details”). We directly post the Details and information. We do not allow third-parties to post property listings nor do we display details of properties that we do not directly manage and/ or have any involvement. We host the Details in good faith but we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied about the Details.
Disclaimer and liability
The Website (including all content on it) is provided by us on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we make no representations, guarantees or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties as to quality, suitability for any purpose, compatibility, reliability, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, access or use. It is your responsibility to evaluate the quality, suitability, accuracy, completeness and reliability of our Website and any information or content contained therein. We accept no responsibility and make no representations, guarantees, or warranties that the Websites will operate continuously, without interruptions or be fault-free. We may need to make the Website unavailable with or without notice to carry out maintenance or upgrade work. We accept no liability for any interruption or loss of service.
Property descriptions and other information provided on our website are intended for information and marketing purposes and, whilst displayed in good faith, details may change from the initial listing. We will not in any circumstances accept responsibility for their accuracy. Full up-to-date property information can be obtained by contacting our office or during appointments/ viewings. It is the responsibility of prospective buyers/tenants to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any property descriptions displayed.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not guarantee that the Websites will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programme and platform in order to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We are the owner or licensee of intellectual property rights in the Website, information and content available on the Website, any database operated by us, any proprietary software utilised by us to enable you to use this Website (“Software”) and the underlying source code. Much of this information and content is protected by copyright, trade mark, database rights, design rights (including in the “look and feel” and other visual or non-literal elements), and/or other intellectual property rights (whether registered or unregistered). Our logos, together with our trade marks and/or service marks, may not be copied or reproduced without our prior written consent. All rights are reserved.
We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the Software solely in executable form and only to the extent necessary for use of the Website, and for no other purpose.
You may not reproduce, republish, transmit or distribute any material, information or content on this Website, or that form part of our services, without our prior written consent. However, you are granted a limited right to access and use the Website and our services, and retrieve, display and print content pages, for your own personal, non-commercial use and to the extent necessary for use of the Website and our services only. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to terminate your licence and to prevent future access by you to this Website.
This Website may contain links to third party products, services and/or websites that are not affiliated with us. We have no control over the products, services or websites of these third parties and we do not guarantee or take responsibility for them. This Website may also contain advertising from third parties and we are not responsible for any misleading or inaccurate advertisements which are the sole responsibility of the advertiser. Any links or advertisements on this Website should not be taken as an endorsement by us of any kind. Furthermore, this Website contains data provided by third parties and we accept no responsibility for any inaccuracies in this material. You agree to release us from claims or disputes of any kind arising from or in any way connected to such disputes with third parties.
Restrictions on Use
You agree not to:
- transmit any material designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of our Websites;
- use any automated software to view our Websites without consent and to only access our Websites manually;
- use our Websites other than for your own personal use ;
- attempt to copy our data our reverse engineer our processes;
- use our Websites in any manner that is illegal, immoral or harmful to us (including to commit or facilitate the commitment of any fraud against us);
- use our Websites in breach of any policy or other notice on our Websites;
- remove or alter any copyright notices that appear on our Websites;
- publish any material that may encourage a breach of any relevant laws or regulations;
- interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of our Website;
- transmit materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner; or
- conduct yourself in an offensive or abusive manner whilst using our Website.
Winnie Tree Properties Limited, Unit 1 Barons Court Graceways, Whitehills Business Park, Blackpool, Lancashire, England, FY4 5GP
Registered in England and Wales with Company No. 10456679
VAT Registration number:
Data Protection number:
Please read and accept our terms, by continuing to visit our site you herby content to the below T&C’s
Right to be Forgotten
Request for your stored data to be deleted
Request Data Archive
Request your data
Request your stored data to be rectified.
Configure your personal privacy settings